City of Delafield - While one prominent city resident has announced he would not seek election to the Common Council; another one, who holds a county elective office,said he would seek election as alderman.
Waukesha County Register of Deeds James Beherend said he will run for alderman in the newly created Second Aldermanic District. Beherend was elected to one term on the council and two terms as mayor in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
He says he sees no conflict between his full time duties as county register of deeds and the part time position of alderman. Former Register of Deeds Michael J. Hasslinger served for years as a member of the Town Board and later the Common Council in Pewaukee.
The Second Aldermanic District is presently represented by Ald. Beth Leonard who cannot seek reelection because she will no longer reside in the district following the 2012 municipal elections. Her home will be part of the First District represented by incumbent Jeff Krickhahn.
New aldermanic districts were created following the 2010 federal population census. The new Second District includes residential neighborhoods near the downtown business district and along the south east and central shore lines of Lake Nagawicka.
Common Council President Erv Sadowski who now represent the Third District has been moved into the Second District as a result of the new boundaries. Sadowski said he will not seek another term on the council.
"I have been on the council for 10 years. It is has been a great ride, but it is time for new ideas, new blood," said Sadowski who was appoined in the 2002 to fill a vacancy created by the election of Alderman Paul Craig as mayor.
The new Third District will represent business and residential neighbors near the downtown business district and along the southwest shore of the lake.
Candidates will be elected from the newly created second,third, fourth and sixth districts. Mayor Ed McAleer has announced he plans to seek reelection.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts