City of Delafield - Emergency response teams from the City of Waukesha, the Waukesha County sheriff's office and Lake Country Fire and Rescue remain at the scene of an apparent suicide at a park and ride located near Highway 83 and Interstate 94.
A spokesman for the Waukesha County Sheriff's office said they received a call of an apparent suicide in the parking lot near Milwaukee Street and Highway 83 ,adjacent to the Naga-Waukee Park indoor ice skating arena, at about 7:30 a.m.
Lt. William O. Deering said he could not provide additional information because the investigation of the incident was not completed and next of kin of the victom had not been notified. He also said he was not sure what prompted authorities to call the City of Waukesha Fire Department's hazard materials response team.
Waukesha Fire Department Deputy Chief Steve Ore said the hazemat unit was summoned at about 9:30 a.m. by Lake Country Fire and Rescue. The city department provides regional hazardous material response.
A spokeswoman for Lake Country Fire and Rescue said she could not elaborate on why the hazmat unit was called because command authorities with the department were still at the scene. Lake Country Fire and Rescue serves the City of Delafield as well as the villages of Chenequa and Nashotah.
Although the park and ride is located within the city limits of Delafield, it is on county owned property which is the jurisdiction of the county's sheriff's office.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts