City of Delafield - Emergency response teams from the City of Waukesha, the Waukesha County sheriff's office and Lake Country Fire and Rescue remain at the scene of an apparent suicide at a park and ride located near Highway 83 and Interstate 94.
A spokesman for the Waukesha County Sheriff's office said they received a call of an apparent suicide in the parking lot near Milwaukee Street and Highway 83 ,adjacent to the Naga-Waukee Park indoor ice skating arena, at about 7:30 a.m.
Lt. William O. Deering said he could not provide additional information because the investigation of the incident was not completed and next of kin of the victom had not been notified. He also said he was not sure what prompted authorities to call the City of Waukesha Fire Department's hazard materials response team.
Waukesha Fire Department Deputy Chief Steve Ore said the hazemat unit was summoned at about 9:30 a.m. by Lake Country Fire and Rescue. The city department provides regional hazardous material response.
A spokeswoman for Lake Country Fire and Rescue said she could not elaborate on why the hazmat unit was called because command authorities with the department were still at the scene. Lake Country Fire and Rescue serves the City of Delafield as well as the villages of Chenequa and Nashotah.
Although the park and ride is located within the city limits of Delafield, it is on county owned property which is the jurisdiction of the county's sheriff's office.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts