The Pewaukee girls basketball team met its match in state-ranked Cudahy on Friday, falling in a rare lopsided defeat, 63-42.
The Pirates took a 15-9 lead in the first quarter but surrendered a 15-0 run, and the Packers held control of the game the rest of the way. The Pirates cut the deficit to six points early in the fourth quarter at 49-43, but Pewaukee never scored again and Cudahy closed on a 14-0 run.
Senior Jordyn Swan left the game late in the third after taking a hard fall and landing on her tailbone, further complicating any comeback efforts. She stayed down under the basket for 10 minutes before walking off gingerly.
Taylor Gradinjan, one of the state's top seniors, scored 19 points for Cudahy. The Pirates fell to 2-2 and 2-1 in league play.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts