The Pewaukee girls basketball team met its match in state-ranked Cudahy on Friday, falling in a rare lopsided defeat, 63-42.
The Pirates took a 15-9 lead in the first quarter but surrendered a 15-0 run, and the Packers held control of the game the rest of the way. The Pirates cut the deficit to six points early in the fourth quarter at 49-43, but Pewaukee never scored again and Cudahy closed on a 14-0 run.
Senior Jordyn Swan left the game late in the third after taking a hard fall and landing on her tailbone, further complicating any comeback efforts. She stayed down under the basket for 10 minutes before walking off gingerly.
Taylor Gradinjan, one of the state's top seniors, scored 19 points for Cudahy. The Pirates fell to 2-2 and 2-1 in league play.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts