The Pewaukee girls basketball team met its match in state-ranked Cudahy on Friday, falling in a rare lopsided defeat, 63-42.
The Pirates took a 15-9 lead in the first quarter but surrendered a 15-0 run, and the Packers held control of the game the rest of the way. The Pirates cut the deficit to six points early in the fourth quarter at 49-43, but Pewaukee never scored again and Cudahy closed on a 14-0 run.
Senior Jordyn Swan left the game late in the third after taking a hard fall and landing on her tailbone, further complicating any comeback efforts. She stayed down under the basket for 10 minutes before walking off gingerly.
Taylor Gradinjan, one of the state's top seniors, scored 19 points for Cudahy. The Pirates fell to 2-2 and 2-1 in league play.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts