Oconomowoc's boys basketball team incurred its first loss of the year, falling to Oregon on Tuesday at home, 62-46.
Zach Poker battled foul trouble to still deliver 18 points and 10 rebounds, but a balanced Oregon team shot better than 63 percent in the second half and 52 percent for the game, thanks in large part to superb ball movement and a disappointing defensive effort in the eyes of Cooney coach Kurt Melton.
The Raccoons (4-1) were never closer than five points in the second half. An Oregon banked 3-pointer at the third quarter buzzer from three-quarters court was one of the final daggers.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts