Oconomowoc's boys basketball team incurred its first loss of the year, falling to Oregon on Tuesday at home, 62-46.
Zach Poker battled foul trouble to still deliver 18 points and 10 rebounds, but a balanced Oregon team shot better than 63 percent in the second half and 52 percent for the game, thanks in large part to superb ball movement and a disappointing defensive effort in the eyes of Cooney coach Kurt Melton.
The Raccoons (4-1) were never closer than five points in the second half. An Oregon banked 3-pointer at the third quarter buzzer from three-quarters court was one of the final daggers.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts