If you want to experience an old-fashioned Christmas this weekend then head to the prairie – North Prairie, that is.
The sleepy little town on Highway 59 just west of Waukesha turns into a Victorian Christmas wonderland from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Greet folks dressed in Victorian costumes and elves scurrying around on their last-minute rounds. The sound of clip-clopping hooves means a bouncy horse and buggy ride is in the offing. And what would the holiday season be without the merry songs of carolers who will be strolling down Main Street.
All of downtown will be in a holiday mood. Take a break at Sports Page, Tenerelli’s, Lucy’s and ZaZing! for holiday food and beverages. Try a handful of free prairie popcorn and a cup of hot cocoa at Fun Rental while watching elves race for prizes.
At St. John’s Lutheran Church, you’ll find a craft and baked goods fair plus make-and-take ornament and cookie decorating stations for kids. Find everyday gifts and gift certificates at Deanna & Friends, Bill’s Mini Mart, JAKs and L&M Auto.
Santa will be in town for photo ops with the kids, who will want to play the Candy Land Game to win some fun prizes.
So dress warm and mingle with your friends, neighbors and some folks that stepped out of the pages of a Dickens’ novel in downtown North Prairie this Saturday.
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts