If you want to experience an old-fashioned Christmas this weekend then head to the prairie – North Prairie, that is.
The sleepy little town on Highway 59 just west of Waukesha turns into a Victorian Christmas wonderland from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Greet folks dressed in Victorian costumes and elves scurrying around on their last-minute rounds. The sound of clip-clopping hooves means a bouncy horse and buggy ride is in the offing. And what would the holiday season be without the merry songs of carolers who will be strolling down Main Street.
All of downtown will be in a holiday mood. Take a break at Sports Page, Tenerelli’s, Lucy’s and ZaZing! for holiday food and beverages. Try a handful of free prairie popcorn and a cup of hot cocoa at Fun Rental while watching elves race for prizes.
At St. John’s Lutheran Church, you’ll find a craft and baked goods fair plus make-and-take ornament and cookie decorating stations for kids. Find everyday gifts and gift certificates at Deanna & Friends, Bill’s Mini Mart, JAKs and L&M Auto.
Santa will be in town for photo ops with the kids, who will want to play the Candy Land Game to win some fun prizes.
So dress warm and mingle with your friends, neighbors and some folks that stepped out of the pages of a Dickens’ novel in downtown North Prairie this Saturday.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts