Playing in a spirited nonconference battle against one of the state's premier Division 3 teams, the Pewaukee boys basketball team fell to East Troy on Thursday in the final game of the current PHS gym, 66-60.
Unlike the frenetic pace of the first three quarters, East Troy went into a stall for most of the fourth quarter, holding one possession from the 5:30 mark to 1:19 remaining. The Pirates missed a key rebounding opportunity during the timeframe, when East Troy pulled in offensive boards on consecutive missed shots. Tanner Plomb's basket at the end of the possession made it 61-58, and PHS turned it over on each of its next two chances down the floor.
Nate Dodge hit six 3-pointers for the Trojans and also hit four big free throws in the final minute to steal the outcome. He finished with 25 points. For the Pirates, Kray Bradley continued to assert himself with 23 points. The senior is averaging more than 18 points per game.
East Troy took an early 18-8 lead, but the Pirates had knotted the score by halftime at 38-38. The third quarter featured eight lead changes and two ties, with Dodge hitting three of his triples in that window.
The Pirates moved to 5-3 overall and will next play New Berlin West on Jan. 3.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts