A 21 year old Muskego woman was transported to Froedtert Hospital by Flight for Life, and a Mukwonago woman and a teenage girl were transported to Waukesha Memorial by ambulance after a two vehicle collision in the intersection of Highway 83 and Highway L in the Town of Waterford at 11:40 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 26.
According to the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office, Kaila Shore, 21, of Muskego was westbound on Highway L in her Pontiac Grand Prix where she stopped at the stop sign, proceeded to cross Highway 83 and pulled out into the path of a Chevy Equinox heading south on Highway 83.
Shore was taken to the hospital with head injuries. The Mukwonago woman, identified as Susan Modesto, 59, and her passenger, a teenage girl, were taken to Waukesha Memorial for non life threatening injuries.
The intersection was closed for around four hours as a result of the crash, the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office reports. The Village of Mukwonago Police Department was on scene helping direct traffic. Town of Waterford Police, Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, and the Wisconsin State Patrol Technical Reconstruction Unit were also on scene.
Shore may be cited for failure to yield depending on what a recreation of the accident reveals.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts