A 21 year old Muskego woman was transported to Froedtert Hospital by Flight for Life, and a Mukwonago woman and a teenage girl were transported to Waukesha Memorial by ambulance after a two vehicle collision in the intersection of Highway 83 and Highway L in the Town of Waterford at 11:40 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 26.
According to the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office, Kaila Shore, 21, of Muskego was westbound on Highway L in her Pontiac Grand Prix where she stopped at the stop sign, proceeded to cross Highway 83 and pulled out into the path of a Chevy Equinox heading south on Highway 83.
Shore was taken to the hospital with head injuries. The Mukwonago woman, identified as Susan Modesto, 59, and her passenger, a teenage girl, were taken to Waukesha Memorial for non life threatening injuries.
The intersection was closed for around four hours as a result of the crash, the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office reports. The Village of Mukwonago Police Department was on scene helping direct traffic. Town of Waterford Police, Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, and the Wisconsin State Patrol Technical Reconstruction Unit were also on scene.
Shore may be cited for failure to yield depending on what a recreation of the accident reveals.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts