A 21 year old Muskego woman was transported to Froedtert Hospital by Flight for Life, and a Mukwonago woman and a teenage girl were transported to Waukesha Memorial by ambulance after a two vehicle collision in the intersection of Highway 83 and Highway L in the Town of Waterford at 11:40 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 26.
According to the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office, Kaila Shore, 21, of Muskego was westbound on Highway L in her Pontiac Grand Prix where she stopped at the stop sign, proceeded to cross Highway 83 and pulled out into the path of a Chevy Equinox heading south on Highway 83.
Shore was taken to the hospital with head injuries. The Mukwonago woman, identified as Susan Modesto, 59, and her passenger, a teenage girl, were taken to Waukesha Memorial for non life threatening injuries.
The intersection was closed for around four hours as a result of the crash, the Racine Country Sheriff’s Office reports. The Village of Mukwonago Police Department was on scene helping direct traffic. Town of Waterford Police, Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, and the Wisconsin State Patrol Technical Reconstruction Unit were also on scene.
Shore may be cited for failure to yield depending on what a recreation of the accident reveals.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts