In a battle of two of the top-rated girls basketball teams in the state, the Middleton Cardinals defeated Arrowhead Tuesday afternoon in a first-round game in the fourth annual Christine Rathke Memorial Tournament in Franklin, 35-32.
Middleton, ranked fifth in this week's Division 1 Associated Press poll, outscored the eighth-ranked Warhawks 6-3 in the final 5:22 to win. Middleton improved to 4-1 on the season and AHS fell to 4-2. Both of Arrowhead's losses have been to teams ranked in the top five in the state.
Senior Jenny Smith fired in 17 points to lead the Warhawks. Senior guard Amanda Bauer was next with 5 points.
AHS had six turnovers in the fourth quarter, including three lob passes intended for Smith in the lane that were all intercepted in the final 2:30.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts