Visiting Milwaukee King handed Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team a 66-57 nonconference defeat Tuesday night. The loss snapped Arrowhead's 10-game winning streak.
AHS, ranked 7th in the State AP Division 1 poll, fell to 14-3 on the season. King, ranked 11th, improved to 13-6 on the year.
AHS fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter but rallied to take a 45-44 lead in the final period. King made 11 of 18 free throws in the final period to clinch the win.
Sophomore Kelly Smith had her best varsity game in two years. The 6-foot forward fired in a team-hgh 25 points. She also grabbed a team-best 15 rebounds, 9 of which came off the offensive glass.
Jenny Smith had 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Warhawks.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts