Visiting Milwaukee King handed Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team a 66-57 nonconference defeat Tuesday night. The loss snapped Arrowhead's 10-game winning streak.
AHS, ranked 7th in the State AP Division 1 poll, fell to 14-3 on the season. King, ranked 11th, improved to 13-6 on the year.
AHS fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter but rallied to take a 45-44 lead in the final period. King made 11 of 18 free throws in the final period to clinch the win.
Sophomore Kelly Smith had her best varsity game in two years. The 6-foot forward fired in a team-hgh 25 points. She also grabbed a team-best 15 rebounds, 9 of which came off the offensive glass.
Jenny Smith had 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Warhawks.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts