Visiting Milwaukee King handed Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team a 66-57 nonconference defeat Tuesday night. The loss snapped Arrowhead's 10-game winning streak.
AHS, ranked 7th in the State AP Division 1 poll, fell to 14-3 on the season. King, ranked 11th, improved to 13-6 on the year.
AHS fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter but rallied to take a 45-44 lead in the final period. King made 11 of 18 free throws in the final period to clinch the win.
Sophomore Kelly Smith had her best varsity game in two years. The 6-foot forward fired in a team-hgh 25 points. She also grabbed a team-best 15 rebounds, 9 of which came off the offensive glass.
Jenny Smith had 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Warhawks.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts