Visiting Milwaukee King handed Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team a 66-57 nonconference defeat Tuesday night. The loss snapped Arrowhead's 10-game winning streak.
AHS, ranked 7th in the State AP Division 1 poll, fell to 14-3 on the season. King, ranked 11th, improved to 13-6 on the year.
AHS fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter but rallied to take a 45-44 lead in the final period. King made 11 of 18 free throws in the final period to clinch the win.
Sophomore Kelly Smith had her best varsity game in two years. The 6-foot forward fired in a team-hgh 25 points. She also grabbed a team-best 15 rebounds, 9 of which came off the offensive glass.
Jenny Smith had 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Warhawks.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts