Arrowhead coach John Mesenbrink finished his career with the program competing at the state meet last winter. Now it's coach Jeremy Miller's turn to discover what it's all about.
The Warhawks dominated Wauwatosa on Tuesday in the team sectional, 54-15, and earned a berth in the team state competition during the first weekend of March. Arrowhead reached the state finals last year, falling to Wisconsin Rapids. Coincidentally, Rapids will be waiting in the quarterfinals this time around when the teams meet up at the University of Wisconsin Fieldhouse in Madison on March 2.
Austin Yde won an 8-7 decision in overtime at 132 pounds to jumpstart the meet, and the Warhawks won the night's first eight matches. Pins went to Adam Yde (138), Mitch Berenz (145), Zach Barbee (160), Zak Ryder (185), Austin Gatchel (heavyweight) and Andrew Crone (120).
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts