Arrowhead coach John Mesenbrink finished his career with the program competing at the state meet last winter. Now it's coach Jeremy Miller's turn to discover what it's all about.
The Warhawks dominated Wauwatosa on Tuesday in the team sectional, 54-15, and earned a berth in the team state competition during the first weekend of March. Arrowhead reached the state finals last year, falling to Wisconsin Rapids. Coincidentally, Rapids will be waiting in the quarterfinals this time around when the teams meet up at the University of Wisconsin Fieldhouse in Madison on March 2.
Austin Yde won an 8-7 decision in overtime at 132 pounds to jumpstart the meet, and the Warhawks won the night's first eight matches. Pins went to Adam Yde (138), Mitch Berenz (145), Zach Barbee (160), Zak Ryder (185), Austin Gatchel (heavyweight) and Andrew Crone (120).
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts