The Town of Mukwonago board approved several motions that would keep a proposed project moving to alleviate flooding concerns in Country Bliss subdivision alive during their regular town board meeting this evening.
Board members approved a very tentative timeline for a pipeline that would divert water from Memory Lane-Paradise Lane in Country Bliss and send it west along Memory Lane to South Oak Tree Drive. The first two steps, the board decided, will be to hold a public hearing in April on the creation of a Country Bliss only utility district to cover any charges over the $506,000 Community Development Block Grant that was awarded to find a permanent solution to this project. The second is to hire an engineer to determine if a one acre lot of land that a resident has offered to sell to the town will be a suitable location for the retention pond. Beyond that, other items to be completed will be to send requests for engineering work, obtain necessary permits, purchase the property, and finally begin construction.
Check next week Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief for the full story.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts