Pewaukee's two varsity basketball teams scored Woodland Conference victories over Cudahy Wednesday night.
The PHS girls team defeated host Cudahy 59-47. The Pirates had lost to Cudahy in December by 19 points.
Pewaukee led from start to finish. The Pirates put the game away by going a perfect 12-for-12 from the free-throw line in the final period.
Jordyn Swan led the Pirates with 25 points. Natalie Wood had 14, Emily Wirth 10 and Brittany Groer 8 for Pewaukee.
The win moved the PHS record to 15-4 on the season and 13-2 in league play. New Berlin West is second with three losses.
The PHS boys team stopped host Cudahy, 51-48. The win was the ninth straight for the Pirates. PHS is now 15-5 on the season and 13-3 in league play. Pewaukee is tied in the loss column with Thomas More.
Pewaukee rallied in the fourth quarter from a three-point deficit to win by three.
Ben Steker led the winners with 15 points. Austin Hansen chipped in with 13 tallies and Jordy Edgerson had 9.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts