Pewaukee's two varsity basketball teams scored Woodland Conference victories over Cudahy Wednesday night.
The PHS girls team defeated host Cudahy 59-47. The Pirates had lost to Cudahy in December by 19 points.
Pewaukee led from start to finish. The Pirates put the game away by going a perfect 12-for-12 from the free-throw line in the final period.
Jordyn Swan led the Pirates with 25 points. Natalie Wood had 14, Emily Wirth 10 and Brittany Groer 8 for Pewaukee.
The win moved the PHS record to 15-4 on the season and 13-2 in league play. New Berlin West is second with three losses.
The PHS boys team stopped host Cudahy, 51-48. The win was the ninth straight for the Pirates. PHS is now 15-5 on the season and 13-3 in league play. Pewaukee is tied in the loss column with Thomas More.
Pewaukee rallied in the fourth quarter from a three-point deficit to win by three.
Ben Steker led the winners with 15 points. Austin Hansen chipped in with 13 tallies and Jordy Edgerson had 9.
- Early registration offered for St. Paul kindergarten (0)
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007