Pewaukee's two varsity basketball teams scored Woodland Conference victories over Cudahy Wednesday night.
The PHS girls team defeated host Cudahy 59-47. The Pirates had lost to Cudahy in December by 19 points.
Pewaukee led from start to finish. The Pirates put the game away by going a perfect 12-for-12 from the free-throw line in the final period.
Jordyn Swan led the Pirates with 25 points. Natalie Wood had 14, Emily Wirth 10 and Brittany Groer 8 for Pewaukee.
The win moved the PHS record to 15-4 on the season and 13-2 in league play. New Berlin West is second with three losses.
The PHS boys team stopped host Cudahy, 51-48. The win was the ninth straight for the Pirates. PHS is now 15-5 on the season and 13-3 in league play. Pewaukee is tied in the loss column with Thomas More.
Pewaukee rallied in the fourth quarter from a three-point deficit to win by three.
Ben Steker led the winners with 15 points. Austin Hansen chipped in with 13 tallies and Jordy Edgerson had 9.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts