A rescue diver is suiting up at Phantom Lake where an ice shanty has fallen through the water this afternoon.
According to the county's fire scanner, contact has been made with the shanty's owner who reported no one was inside of it today. However, a caller who initially reported the sunken shanty to police indicated they saw someone near the stop earlier. Police are in the process of calling that witness to confirm if a person had been on scene earlier today or not.
Eagle, Tess Corners and Mukwonago rescue crews are currently at the scene.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts