The Big Bend Police Department is investigating after an 84 year old woman was found in her basement near the bottom of the stairs around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. The woman was transported to hospital with undetermined injuries where she still remains at this time.
Several items were found thrown about in the basement when police arrived, however it is unclear if the cause was an intruder, foul play, or if it occurred during the woman's medical condition.
Big Bend Police Chief Mike Hartert stated that a medical condition was likely the cause of the woman's fall, but aren't ready to rule out foul play at this time.
Authorities were alerted to the situation by a concerned neighbor who called police. It is unclear how long the woman sat injured before police were called.
Chief Hartert said that evidence will be taken to the crime lab today.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is assisting with the investigation.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts