The Big Bend Police Department is investigating after an 84 year old woman was found in her basement near the bottom of the stairs around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. The woman was transported to hospital with undetermined injuries where she still remains at this time.
Several items were found thrown about in the basement when police arrived, however it is unclear if the cause was an intruder, foul play, or if it occurred during the woman's medical condition.
Big Bend Police Chief Mike Hartert stated that a medical condition was likely the cause of the woman's fall, but aren't ready to rule out foul play at this time.
Authorities were alerted to the situation by a concerned neighbor who called police. It is unclear how long the woman sat injured before police were called.
Chief Hartert said that evidence will be taken to the crime lab today.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is assisting with the investigation.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts