The Big Bend Police Department is investigating after an 84 year old woman was found in her basement near the bottom of the stairs around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. The woman was transported to hospital with undetermined injuries where she still remains at this time.
Several items were found thrown about in the basement when police arrived, however it is unclear if the cause was an intruder, foul play, or if it occurred during the woman's medical condition.
Big Bend Police Chief Mike Hartert stated that a medical condition was likely the cause of the woman's fall, but aren't ready to rule out foul play at this time.
Authorities were alerted to the situation by a concerned neighbor who called police. It is unclear how long the woman sat injured before police were called.
Chief Hartert said that evidence will be taken to the crime lab today.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is assisting with the investigation.
- Melges IV wins Blue Chip regatta (0)
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007