Arrowhead's varsity boys swim team finished second Satruday at the WIAA Division 1 state meet at the UW Natatorium in Madison. Memorial won the team crown with 326 points and the Warhawks were second at 234. Eau Claire Memorial/North was a distant third with 184 points.
Senior Jake Prodoehl led the Warhawks by winning the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 46.23. He defeated Jake Lotte of Appleton who was clocked at 46.35. It was the first state title for Prodoehl.
The Warhawks had finished fourth in the team scoring the last three years.
Arrowhead's 200-yard freestyle relay team of Prodoehl, Kyle Wenger, Jake Barry and John Warren broke the former state record (1:25.73) with a time of 1:25.59, but had to setle for second place behind Memorial.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts