Arrowhead's varsity boys swim team finished second Satruday at the WIAA Division 1 state meet at the UW Natatorium in Madison. Memorial won the team crown with 326 points and the Warhawks were second at 234. Eau Claire Memorial/North was a distant third with 184 points.
Senior Jake Prodoehl led the Warhawks by winning the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 46.23. He defeated Jake Lotte of Appleton who was clocked at 46.35. It was the first state title for Prodoehl.
The Warhawks had finished fourth in the team scoring the last three years.
Arrowhead's 200-yard freestyle relay team of Prodoehl, Kyle Wenger, Jake Barry and John Warren broke the former state record (1:25.73) with a time of 1:25.59, but had to setle for second place behind Memorial.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts