Two fatalities were reported in a car crash that took place Sunday at 5:35 p.m. in the Town of Ixonia.
A vehicle, occupied by four adults from the Hartford and West Bend areas, failed to yield right of way to traffic at the Highway 16/North Street intersection. An oncoming westbound pickup truck driven by Gavin Strey of Ixonia was unable to stop in time, striking the vehicle in the passenger center post. Strey as treated and released from Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital (OMH), His passenger was not injured.
Two of the occupants of the Buick were taken by emergency medical helicopter to Froedert Hospital and remain in serious condition. One victim was pronounced dead at the scene; the other was taken to OMH and was later pronounced dead. Names are being withheld pending family notifications.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts