Parents of Ixonia School students are expected to present a petition to the Superintendent opposing the district's plan to move the school's fourth grade students to Nature Hill Intermediate Sxhool next year.
The district has experienced 25 percent growth in enrollment in the last decade, leaving the elementary schools at or near capacity. According to a letter sent to parents, Ixonia has maximized every instructional space and will need to add two additional spaces. District officials considered all options and concluded this move was best for all students, according to a letter sent tp parents.
There is a meeting scheduled at Ixonia School Thursday evening on the issue to answer questions and share additional details, but it is expected that some Ixonia parents may also attend the School Board meeting Tuesday night. Opponents say that between between Friday when they were informed of the decision, and this morning, they have collected 150 signatures from people against the idea. Parents have voiced disappointment that they were not asked for input into the decision.
For more on this story, read the Thursday edition of the Oconomowoc Focus.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts