Parents of Ixonia School students are expected to present a petition to the Superintendent opposing the district's plan to move the school's fourth grade students to Nature Hill Intermediate Sxhool next year.
The district has experienced 25 percent growth in enrollment in the last decade, leaving the elementary schools at or near capacity. According to a letter sent to parents, Ixonia has maximized every instructional space and will need to add two additional spaces. District officials considered all options and concluded this move was best for all students, according to a letter sent tp parents.
There is a meeting scheduled at Ixonia School Thursday evening on the issue to answer questions and share additional details, but it is expected that some Ixonia parents may also attend the School Board meeting Tuesday night. Opponents say that between between Friday when they were informed of the decision, and this morning, they have collected 150 signatures from people against the idea. Parents have voiced disappointment that they were not asked for input into the decision.
For more on this story, read the Thursday edition of the Oconomowoc Focus.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts