Jane Craig and Dave Nowicki beat Jesse Smith in the Town of Vernon's primary election today, and will now vie for the Supervisor #3 seat during the general election.
Nowicki took the lead with 498 votes. Craig won over Smith 384 votes to 157. Just over 19% of the town's residents made it to the polls today.
With new voting laws making their way into the polls during this primary election, Town Clerk Marie Kumershek reports that everything went smoothly today.
"People were great with showing their photo ID," Kumershek said. "We had no provisionals, everyone brought there identification with them. I am excited it went as well as it did."
Nowicki stated that "I want to thank all of the people who voted for me, and the job is not done. If the people want to vote for a conflict of interest, vote for Jane Craig. If they want to vote for Vernon and low taxes, vote for Dave Nowicki."
"First of all I want to thank those who supported my candidacy and voted for me," Craig said. "During the Primary campaign I personally heard the concerns of the residents of the Town of Vernon. I remain committed to working FOR the Town of Vernon and I will do my best to keep it a great place to live."
Craig added that "also I encourage the residents to attend the Town Board meetings and offer their comments, or watch the proceedings on channel 25. Also check the Town of Vernon website for the date of the next Candidate Forum so you can see and hear the candidates in action."
"Although I was disappointed in the results tonight, I wasn't overly surprised by them. I felt like it was an uphill battle from the start going against two other candidates well established in the community," Smith said after today's election. "I'd like to thank my supporters and encourage them to give Jane Craig their support going forward, I think she will do a good job representing them."
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts