The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team led from start to finish Tuesday night as they scored a lopsided 7-1 victory over visiting Janesville Craig/Parker (14-11-1) in a WIAA sectional first-round game at the Naga-Waukee Ice Arena.
The victory vaults the Lasers into the sectional championship game on Saturday against Marquette at Wilson Park at 4 p.m. KM is now 22-3-1 on the season. The winner on Saturday advances to the WIAA state meet next week.
KM has played in two sectional championships previously and won them both, those victories coming in 2006 and 2007.
KM led 2-0 after one period and never looked back. The Lasers broke the game open by scoring four goals in the final 7:28 of the game.
Mitch Ellena and Justin Yute scored two goals each for the Lasers. Michael Del Vecchio, Connor Moran and Sam Hart had solo goals.
Collecting assists for the Lasers were Zach Thoreson, Del Vecchio, Greg Simandl (2, )Ellena, Yute, Andy Behling and Matt Sherry.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts