Voters in the Hartland-Lakeside District rejected a referendum that asked district taxpayers for $930,000 in additional revenue limit authority annually.
The final vote tally - 725 "No" votes, and 637 "Yes" votes, means the district will be forced to find other alternatives to remedy the School District's budget issues.
More than 53 percent of district voters cast their ballots against the measure, while just shy of 47 percent voted in favor of it.
Stay tuned to Lake Country Publications newspapers for reactions and analysis.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts