Voters in the Hartland-Lakeside District rejected a referendum that asked district taxpayers for $930,000 in additional revenue limit authority annually.
The final vote tally - 725 "No" votes, and 637 "Yes" votes, means the district will be forced to find other alternatives to remedy the School District's budget issues.
More than 53 percent of district voters cast their ballots against the measure, while just shy of 47 percent voted in favor of it.
Stay tuned to Lake Country Publications newspapers for reactions and analysis.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts