Voters in the Hartland-Lakeside District rejected a referendum that asked district taxpayers for $930,000 in additional revenue limit authority annually.
The final vote tally - 725 "No" votes, and 637 "Yes" votes, means the district will be forced to find other alternatives to remedy the School District's budget issues.
More than 53 percent of district voters cast their ballots against the measure, while just shy of 47 percent voted in favor of it.
Stay tuned to Lake Country Publications newspapers for reactions and analysis.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts