Voters in the Hartland-Lakeside District rejected a referendum that asked district taxpayers for $930,000 in additional revenue limit authority annually.
The final vote tally - 725 "No" votes, and 637 "Yes" votes, means the district will be forced to find other alternatives to remedy the School District's budget issues.
More than 53 percent of district voters cast their ballots against the measure, while just shy of 47 percent voted in favor of it.
Stay tuned to Lake Country Publications newspapers for reactions and analysis.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts