Winter has wimped out on us this year, much to the chagrin of everyone who loves to play in the snow. But there are plenty of events to enjoy without so much as a flake at Pewaukee’s inaugural Frost Festival.
Check out the fun family activities Pewaukee has in store this weekend.
The event starts with a candlelight hike from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Simmons Woods Park, 889 Cecilia Drive in Pewaukee. Take a walk through the woods on a frosty night and enjoy free hot chocolate and snacks when you return.
Sharpen up those eagle eyes and join your friends and neighbors at the Family Scavenger Hunt from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Pewaukee’s Lakefront. Cost is $5 per family.
After the hunting’s over, relax and laugh at the delightful family film “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Pewaukee Public Library. The event is free with a nonperishable food item.
Registration is requested for the Family Scavenger Hunt and the library movie. Call (262) 691-7275 or visit www.cityofpewaukee.us.
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- Kettle Moraine football team goes on impressive run to defeat Waukesha South (0)
- AHS football team rallies past CMH (0)
- Bowling ball art auction going on (0)
- Ashippun FD earns award (0)
- No body cameras for lake patrol (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007