Winter has wimped out on us this year, much to the chagrin of everyone who loves to play in the snow. But there are plenty of events to enjoy without so much as a flake at Pewaukee’s inaugural Frost Festival.
Check out the fun family activities Pewaukee has in store this weekend.
The event starts with a candlelight hike from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Simmons Woods Park, 889 Cecilia Drive in Pewaukee. Take a walk through the woods on a frosty night and enjoy free hot chocolate and snacks when you return.
Sharpen up those eagle eyes and join your friends and neighbors at the Family Scavenger Hunt from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Pewaukee’s Lakefront. Cost is $5 per family.
After the hunting’s over, relax and laugh at the delightful family film “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Pewaukee Public Library. The event is free with a nonperishable food item.
Registration is requested for the Family Scavenger Hunt and the library movie. Call (262) 691-7275 or visit www.cityofpewaukee.us.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts