Winter has wimped out on us this year, much to the chagrin of everyone who loves to play in the snow. But there are plenty of events to enjoy without so much as a flake at Pewaukee’s inaugural Frost Festival.
Check out the fun family activities Pewaukee has in store this weekend.
The event starts with a candlelight hike from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Simmons Woods Park, 889 Cecilia Drive in Pewaukee. Take a walk through the woods on a frosty night and enjoy free hot chocolate and snacks when you return.
Sharpen up those eagle eyes and join your friends and neighbors at the Family Scavenger Hunt from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Pewaukee’s Lakefront. Cost is $5 per family.
After the hunting’s over, relax and laugh at the delightful family film “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Pewaukee Public Library. The event is free with a nonperishable food item.
Registration is requested for the Family Scavenger Hunt and the library movie. Call (262) 691-7275 or visit www.cityofpewaukee.us.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts