Winter has wimped out on us this year, much to the chagrin of everyone who loves to play in the snow. But there are plenty of events to enjoy without so much as a flake at Pewaukee’s inaugural Frost Festival.
Check out the fun family activities Pewaukee has in store this weekend.
The event starts with a candlelight hike from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Simmons Woods Park, 889 Cecilia Drive in Pewaukee. Take a walk through the woods on a frosty night and enjoy free hot chocolate and snacks when you return.
Sharpen up those eagle eyes and join your friends and neighbors at the Family Scavenger Hunt from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Pewaukee’s Lakefront. Cost is $5 per family.
After the hunting’s over, relax and laugh at the delightful family film “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Pewaukee Public Library. The event is free with a nonperishable food item.
Registration is requested for the Family Scavenger Hunt and the library movie. Call (262) 691-7275 or visit www.cityofpewaukee.us.
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007