The Lake Country Christian Academy community came together in a big way this morning.
Families at the Nashotah school pooled their resources to give two area families a fresh start - donating furniture, baby supplies, clothing, food, carseats, gift cards, a TV, a laptop, and even a freshly made loaf of homemade bread.
They surprised a Milwaukee family last night at their home. At a Thursday morning chapel service at the school, they surprised another woman - a single mother trying to attend school and secure employment to support her young son.
After surprising the woman with thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, school officials walked her out to the parking lot where a brand new car donated by Ewald Automotive Group in Oconomowoc was waiting for her.
Be sure to check out Tuesday's Lake Country Reporter for the touching story.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts