The Lake Country Christian Academy community came together in a big way this morning.
Families at the Nashotah school pooled their resources to give two area families a fresh start - donating furniture, baby supplies, clothing, food, carseats, gift cards, a TV, a laptop, and even a freshly made loaf of homemade bread.
They surprised a Milwaukee family last night at their home. At a Thursday morning chapel service at the school, they surprised another woman - a single mother trying to attend school and secure employment to support her young son.
After surprising the woman with thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, school officials walked her out to the parking lot where a brand new car donated by Ewald Automotive Group in Oconomowoc was waiting for her.
Be sure to check out Tuesday's Lake Country Reporter for the touching story.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts