Riding a five-game winning streak, Arrowhead's boys basketball team went into Mukwonago looking to interfere with the Indians' title chase in the Classic 8 Conference, and that's exactly what happened when the Warhawks emerged with a 51-44 victory Thursday.
Billy Hirschfeld finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds, part of a 42-28 rebounding edge for AHS that came against the conference's best rebounding squad. The Indians (16-6 overall, 11-3 in Classic 8 Conference) came in looking for their first-ever C8 league title and came in tied with Milwaukee Pius, but the loss coupled with a Pius win over Waukesha South gave the title to the Popes.
Playing before a sold-out venue, Mukwonago jumped to a 7-1 lead but never led again after Arrowhead drew even at 9-9. Kenny Finco (11 points), D.J. Escamilla (10 points) and Ryan Saeger (10 points) all took their turn hitting key shots for the Warhawks.
Nate Tanguay finished with 13 points and seven rebounds for the Indians, who will hold the top seed in their WIAA regional and begin postseason play Friday, March 2.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts