Riding a five-game winning streak, Arrowhead's boys basketball team went into Mukwonago looking to interfere with the Indians' title chase in the Classic 8 Conference, and that's exactly what happened when the Warhawks emerged with a 51-44 victory Thursday.
Billy Hirschfeld finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds, part of a 42-28 rebounding edge for AHS that came against the conference's best rebounding squad. The Indians (16-6 overall, 11-3 in Classic 8 Conference) came in looking for their first-ever C8 league title and came in tied with Milwaukee Pius, but the loss coupled with a Pius win over Waukesha South gave the title to the Popes.
Playing before a sold-out venue, Mukwonago jumped to a 7-1 lead but never led again after Arrowhead drew even at 9-9. Kenny Finco (11 points), D.J. Escamilla (10 points) and Ryan Saeger (10 points) all took their turn hitting key shots for the Warhawks.
Nate Tanguay finished with 13 points and seven rebounds for the Indians, who will hold the top seed in their WIAA regional and begin postseason play Friday, March 2.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts