The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team came up one victory short of advancing to next week's WIAA state meet after dropping a 3-2 decision to Marquette High School Saturday afternoon at Wilson Park in Milwaukee.
The Lasers finished the season with a 22-4-1 record, the second-best record in school history.
KM led twice in the game, the first time at 1-0 and the last time at 2-1 with just 10: 22 remaining in the game. Marquette (22-5) scored the final two goals of the game to grab the victory and the state meet berth.
Greg Simandl had the first KM goal and Jake Erdman had the second goal. Collecting assists were Justin Yute and Sam Hart with two each.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts