The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team came up one victory short of advancing to next week's WIAA state meet after dropping a 3-2 decision to Marquette High School Saturday afternoon at Wilson Park in Milwaukee.
The Lasers finished the season with a 22-4-1 record, the second-best record in school history.
KM led twice in the game, the first time at 1-0 and the last time at 2-1 with just 10: 22 remaining in the game. Marquette (22-5) scored the final two goals of the game to grab the victory and the state meet berth.
Greg Simandl had the first KM goal and Jake Erdman had the second goal. Collecting assists were Justin Yute and Sam Hart with two each.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts