The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team came up one victory short of advancing to next week's WIAA state meet after dropping a 3-2 decision to Marquette High School Saturday afternoon at Wilson Park in Milwaukee.
The Lasers finished the season with a 22-4-1 record, the second-best record in school history.
KM led twice in the game, the first time at 1-0 and the last time at 2-1 with just 10: 22 remaining in the game. Marquette (22-5) scored the final two goals of the game to grab the victory and the state meet berth.
Greg Simandl had the first KM goal and Jake Erdman had the second goal. Collecting assists were Justin Yute and Sam Hart with two each.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts