The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team came up one victory short of advancing to next week's WIAA state meet after dropping a 3-2 decision to Marquette High School Saturday afternoon at Wilson Park in Milwaukee.
The Lasers finished the season with a 22-4-1 record, the second-best record in school history.
KM led twice in the game, the first time at 1-0 and the last time at 2-1 with just 10: 22 remaining in the game. Marquette (22-5) scored the final two goals of the game to grab the victory and the state meet berth.
Greg Simandl had the first KM goal and Jake Erdman had the second goal. Collecting assists were Justin Yute and Sam Hart with two each.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts