The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc varsity boys hockey team came up one victory short of advancing to next week's WIAA state meet after dropping a 3-2 decision to Marquette High School Saturday afternoon at Wilson Park in Milwaukee.
The Lasers finished the season with a 22-4-1 record, the second-best record in school history.
KM led twice in the game, the first time at 1-0 and the last time at 2-1 with just 10: 22 remaining in the game. Marquette (22-5) scored the final two goals of the game to grab the victory and the state meet berth.
Greg Simandl had the first KM goal and Jake Erdman had the second goal. Collecting assists were Justin Yute and Sam Hart with two each.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts