Tom Taraska, the Hall of Fame coach who turned the Arrowhead football program into one of the best in the state, has been named the new defensive coordinator at Brookfield Central High School. Taraska told the Lake Country Reporter about his new job Monday morning.
Jamie Meulemans is the head coach at Brookfield Central. Taraska will begin his duties immediately.
Taraska resigned last spring from the Arrowhead job after coaching the Warhawks for 29 years. In that span he won four WIAA Division 1 state championships (1993, 1994, 1996, 2007) and had five other teams finish second.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts