Tom Taraska, the Hall of Fame coach who turned the Arrowhead football program into one of the best in the state, has been named the new defensive coordinator at Brookfield Central High School. Taraska told the Lake Country Reporter about his new job Monday morning.
Jamie Meulemans is the head coach at Brookfield Central. Taraska will begin his duties immediately.
Taraska resigned last spring from the Arrowhead job after coaching the Warhawks for 29 years. In that span he won four WIAA Division 1 state championships (1993, 1994, 1996, 2007) and had five other teams finish second.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts