Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team played its best first half of the season Saturday night and rolled to an eventual 57-38 victory over visiting Menomonee Falls in a WIAA regional championship game. AHS will play in the sectional next Thursday night.
The Warhawks, thanks to a big first half effort from senior guards Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis, rolled to a commanding 36-17 lead at halftime. Falls got as close as 12 points twice in the second half. Both Bauer and Davis scored 11 points each in the first half.
AHS improved to 21-3 on the season and will play defending state champion Nicolet in Thursday's sectional.
Jenny Smith led the Warhawks with 16 points followed by Bauer with 15, Davis 11 abnd Kelly Smith 10.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts