Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team played its best first half of the season Saturday night and rolled to an eventual 57-38 victory over visiting Menomonee Falls in a WIAA regional championship game. AHS will play in the sectional next Thursday night.
The Warhawks, thanks to a big first half effort from senior guards Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis, rolled to a commanding 36-17 lead at halftime. Falls got as close as 12 points twice in the second half. Both Bauer and Davis scored 11 points each in the first half.
AHS improved to 21-3 on the season and will play defending state champion Nicolet in Thursday's sectional.
Jenny Smith led the Warhawks with 16 points followed by Bauer with 15, Davis 11 abnd Kelly Smith 10.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts