Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team played its best first half of the season Saturday night and rolled to an eventual 57-38 victory over visiting Menomonee Falls in a WIAA regional championship game. AHS will play in the sectional next Thursday night.
The Warhawks, thanks to a big first half effort from senior guards Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis, rolled to a commanding 36-17 lead at halftime. Falls got as close as 12 points twice in the second half. Both Bauer and Davis scored 11 points each in the first half.
AHS improved to 21-3 on the season and will play defending state champion Nicolet in Thursday's sectional.
Jenny Smith led the Warhawks with 16 points followed by Bauer with 15, Davis 11 abnd Kelly Smith 10.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts