Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team played its best first half of the season Saturday night and rolled to an eventual 57-38 victory over visiting Menomonee Falls in a WIAA regional championship game. AHS will play in the sectional next Thursday night.
The Warhawks, thanks to a big first half effort from senior guards Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis, rolled to a commanding 36-17 lead at halftime. Falls got as close as 12 points twice in the second half. Both Bauer and Davis scored 11 points each in the first half.
AHS improved to 21-3 on the season and will play defending state champion Nicolet in Thursday's sectional.
Jenny Smith led the Warhawks with 16 points followed by Bauer with 15, Davis 11 abnd Kelly Smith 10.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts