Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team played its best first half of the season Saturday night and rolled to an eventual 57-38 victory over visiting Menomonee Falls in a WIAA regional championship game. AHS will play in the sectional next Thursday night.
The Warhawks, thanks to a big first half effort from senior guards Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis, rolled to a commanding 36-17 lead at halftime. Falls got as close as 12 points twice in the second half. Both Bauer and Davis scored 11 points each in the first half.
AHS improved to 21-3 on the season and will play defending state champion Nicolet in Thursday's sectional.
Jenny Smith led the Warhawks with 16 points followed by Bauer with 15, Davis 11 abnd Kelly Smith 10.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts