Town of Ottawa - Town Chairman Richard Arrowood has warned that the transfer of fire trucks from the dissolved Summit Fire District to the newly consolidated Dousman Fire District "is going to be a point of contention with the Town of Ottawa."
Arrowood told the Town Board Tuesday night he had anticipated Summit officials would lease its fire trucks to the Dousman Fire District for a nominal fee as part of the consolidation agreement between Ottawa, Dousman and Summit.
According to the agreement, the Dousman Fire District will be expanded to cover all of the Village of Summit as well as the Village of Dousman and most of the Town of Ottawa. The Summit Fire District,, which covered the northern half of the Village of Summit as well as the Village of Oconomowoc Lake, will be dissolved.
"If fire service is going to be provided to an additional area, additional equipment will be needed to provide the fire service," Arrowood said.
However, he added, apparently Summit officials are planning to sell the fire trucks rather than donate or lease them to the Dousman district.
Dousman Fire Chief Steve Totzke said he had expected to receive a tanker and a fire engine, which he estimated are worth about $200,000
There are no indications where the newly consolidated fire district would get the money to buy the equipment from the Summit Fire District.
Totzke said Summit officials may have to liquidate the equipment because the Village of Oconomowoc Lake, which shares ownership of trucks, wants to rely on a fire service contract with the Okauchee Fire Department rather than join the Dousman district.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007