Waukesha – A 27-year-Waukesha man was charged March 12 in Waukesha County Circuit Court for allegedly supplying heroin to a Muskego woman and a City of Delafield man.
Kevin S. Cobus was charged with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide for the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of City of Delafield, according to the criminal complaint.
The complaint states Cobus purchased $100 worth of heroin July 11, 2011, after he was contacted by Hansen to buy the drug. However, Cobus said that was not the heroin that killed her and that she must have picked up some of the drug from someone else later, the complaint said. Hansen was found unconscious the morning of July 12 by her father in their Muskego home.
On early Jan. 6 Riggs died at his City of Delafield residence from an overdose of heroin, the complaint said. Codus allegedly purchased the heroin along with Riggs and his brother the night before, the complaint said.
Cobus appeared in court Tuesday and bail was set at $100,000.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts