Waukesha – A 27-year-Waukesha man was charged March 12 in Waukesha County Circuit Court for allegedly supplying heroin to a Muskego woman and a City of Delafield man.
Kevin S. Cobus was charged with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide for the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of City of Delafield, according to the criminal complaint.
The complaint states Cobus purchased $100 worth of heroin July 11, 2011, after he was contacted by Hansen to buy the drug. However, Cobus said that was not the heroin that killed her and that she must have picked up some of the drug from someone else later, the complaint said. Hansen was found unconscious the morning of July 12 by her father in their Muskego home.
On early Jan. 6 Riggs died at his City of Delafield residence from an overdose of heroin, the complaint said. Codus allegedly purchased the heroin along with Riggs and his brother the night before, the complaint said.
Cobus appeared in court Tuesday and bail was set at $100,000.
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts