Village of Sussex - The "Hatfield-McCoy" relationship between the Town of Lisbon and the Village of Sussex may be coming to an end.
The governing bodies of the two communities are holding a series of closed door sessions in an effort to resolve some of the issues that divide them.
The Lisbon Town Board met behind closed doors Monday night. The Sussex Village board was entering the second hour of a closed session at 9 p.m. tonight.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke said the Lisbon board may hold another closed session later this week depending upon the outcome of tonight's village board meeting.
Village President Greg Goetz said he will brief Gehrke on the village board meeting after it is over.
Goetz responded "yes" when he was asked if the series of meeting was an indication there had been substantial progress made in the talks between the two communities.
"We are all working very hard. This is good for the Village of Sussex. It is good for the Town of Lisbon. It is good for the entire community," he said before village trustees met behind closed doors.
Goetz said the negotiations between the communities have involved "very, very broad concepts" rather than the details of issues like library funding, border agreements and the possible incorporation of the Town of Lisbon into a village.
Goetz and Gehrke said there is a possibility the two communities might issue another joint statement. Earlier this year, the communities agreed in a joint statement they had found some "common ground" after meetings involving Goetz, Gehrke, Town Supervisor Joe Osterman, and Village Trustee Pat Tetzlaff.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007