Parishioners at St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot received news this weekend of a claim of sexual abuse to a minor filed against Pastor Mark Molling.
Retired priest Robert Gozma read a letter from Archbishop Jerome Listecki dated March 17 announcing the news to the parish. Molling has been placed on temporary administrative leave while the Archdiocese of Milwaukee conducts its investigation. According to the letter, no substantiation of the allegation has occurred and Molling has denied the allegation, which dates back to the mid-1990s.
According to Gozma, the allegation was reported to the district attorney for review and the district attorney declined to prosecute, however, the Diocese is conducting its own investigation using a private, independent investigator. The claim was filed prior to the Feb. 1 deadline for filing sexual abuse claims against the Diocese, Gozma said.
Gozma will assume administrative duties at the parish in Molling's absence.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts