Parishioners at St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot received news this weekend of a claim of sexual abuse to a minor filed against Pastor Mark Molling.
Retired priest Robert Gozma read a letter from Archbishop Jerome Listecki dated March 17 announcing the news to the parish. Molling has been placed on temporary administrative leave while the Archdiocese of Milwaukee conducts its investigation. According to the letter, no substantiation of the allegation has occurred and Molling has denied the allegation, which dates back to the mid-1990s.
According to Gozma, the allegation was reported to the district attorney for review and the district attorney declined to prosecute, however, the Diocese is conducting its own investigation using a private, independent investigator. The claim was filed prior to the Feb. 1 deadline for filing sexual abuse claims against the Diocese, Gozma said.
Gozma will assume administrative duties at the parish in Molling's absence.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts