Parishioners at St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot received news this weekend of a claim of sexual abuse to a minor filed against Pastor Mark Molling.
Retired priest Robert Gozma read a letter from Archbishop Jerome Listecki dated March 17 announcing the news to the parish. Molling has been placed on temporary administrative leave while the Archdiocese of Milwaukee conducts its investigation. According to the letter, no substantiation of the allegation has occurred and Molling has denied the allegation, which dates back to the mid-1990s.
According to Gozma, the allegation was reported to the district attorney for review and the district attorney declined to prosecute, however, the Diocese is conducting its own investigation using a private, independent investigator. The claim was filed prior to the Feb. 1 deadline for filing sexual abuse claims against the Diocese, Gozma said.
Gozma will assume administrative duties at the parish in Molling's absence.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts