Parishioners at St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot received news this weekend of a claim of sexual abuse to a minor filed against Pastor Mark Molling.
Retired priest Robert Gozma read a letter from Archbishop Jerome Listecki dated March 17 announcing the news to the parish. Molling has been placed on temporary administrative leave while the Archdiocese of Milwaukee conducts its investigation. According to the letter, no substantiation of the allegation has occurred and Molling has denied the allegation, which dates back to the mid-1990s.
According to Gozma, the allegation was reported to the district attorney for review and the district attorney declined to prosecute, however, the Diocese is conducting its own investigation using a private, independent investigator. The claim was filed prior to the Feb. 1 deadline for filing sexual abuse claims against the Diocese, Gozma said.
Gozma will assume administrative duties at the parish in Molling's absence.
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts