If you were in Italy, you might hear the word “armonia” at a concert or other musical event, referring to the lovely “harmony,” which the word means in Italian.
Back in Oconomowoc, Armonia refers to a local trio that sings an array of genres including folk, old gospel, Native American as well as music of singer-songwriters from the ‘60s to the present.
The group, which has been together for four years, is performing at 7 p.m. Saturday at Books & Company, 1039 Summit Ave. in Oconomowoc.
Members of the trio are Karen Haskell, Michelle Hoyt and Sheila Larkin.
Haskell, a long-time Oconomowoc resident, plays piano and guitar and has performed in a variety of bands. She is the choir director at Lake Country Unitarian Church.
Hoyt, a trained singer, has sung with a number of choirs and vocal ensembles. She teaches music in an elementary school and has two small children.
Larkin, who plays piano and percussion, has a background in folk, jazz and Irish music. A former music therapist and now a counselor, she has returned to live in Oconomowoc where she is closer to her singing companions.
For more information about the group’s performance at Books & Company, call (262) 567-0106
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007