According to a statement released by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, employees at the Main Street Associated Bank in Sussex spotted a suspicious male in their parking lot at approximately 9:15 a.m. this morning.
The statement said the suspect was clad in a large winter jacket, wearing gloves, and sunglasses when he entered the bank. The sheriff's department was notified of the situation when the man began talking with bank employees.
When squads arrived, they noticed a running vehicle near the bank occupied by a female driver. According to the sheriff's department, the suspect left the bank without incident, but based on the suspect's behavior and his dress on a day that temperatures exceeded 80 degrees, he and the driver of the vehicle were detained by law enforcement.
The sheriff's department said that evidence recovered from the male suspect "indicated intentions of robbing the bank."
The two suspects, a 31-year-old male, and a 28-year-old female are Waukesha County residents, and are currently in custody.
The matter remains under investigation.
The story broke when Lake Country Publications received phone calls from concerned residents shortly before 10 a.m. this morning.
For photos from Wednesday click here
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- Kettle Moraine football team goes on impressive run to defeat Waukesha South (0)
- AHS football team rallies past CMH (0)
- Bowling ball art auction going on (0)
- Ashippun FD earns award (0)
- No body cameras for lake patrol (0)
- Oconomowoc's Fall Festival on Sept.13 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007