Waukesha – The Dousman teens accused of stealing an owl from the Wildlife in Need Center in the Town of Ottawa Nov. 12 may be headed for a plea deal with prosecutors.
Matthew R. Kuhlemeyer, 18, of N2809 Road Z, and Dilan S. White, 18, of 592 N. Buth Road, appeared in court this morning. Kuhlemeyer’s attorney, Daniel Fay told Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge William Domina he is having continuing discussions with the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office regarding the case and White’s attorney, Paul Bucher, said he expected a resolution to the case.
The men, who are seniors at Kettle Moraine High School, are scheduled to appear in court June 11.
The men are each charged with burglary and criminal damage to property for stealing an owl named Dakota. The teens took the bird to an acquaintance’s house where it escaped. The owl was captured Dec. 7.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts