Waukesha – The Dousman teens accused of stealing an owl from the Wildlife in Need Center in the Town of Ottawa Nov. 12 may be headed for a plea deal with prosecutors.
Matthew R. Kuhlemeyer, 18, of N2809 Road Z, and Dilan S. White, 18, of 592 N. Buth Road, appeared in court this morning. Kuhlemeyer’s attorney, Daniel Fay told Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge William Domina he is having continuing discussions with the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office regarding the case and White’s attorney, Paul Bucher, said he expected a resolution to the case.
The men, who are seniors at Kettle Moraine High School, are scheduled to appear in court June 11.
The men are each charged with burglary and criminal damage to property for stealing an owl named Dakota. The teens took the bird to an acquaintance’s house where it escaped. The owl was captured Dec. 7.
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts