Waukesha – The Dousman teens accused of stealing an owl from the Wildlife in Need Center in the Town of Ottawa Nov. 12 may be headed for a plea deal with prosecutors.
Matthew R. Kuhlemeyer, 18, of N2809 Road Z, and Dilan S. White, 18, of 592 N. Buth Road, appeared in court this morning. Kuhlemeyer’s attorney, Daniel Fay told Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge William Domina he is having continuing discussions with the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office regarding the case and White’s attorney, Paul Bucher, said he expected a resolution to the case.
The men, who are seniors at Kettle Moraine High School, are scheduled to appear in court June 11.
The men are each charged with burglary and criminal damage to property for stealing an owl named Dakota. The teens took the bird to an acquaintance’s house where it escaped. The owl was captured Dec. 7.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts