Waukesha – The Dousman teens accused of stealing an owl from the Wildlife in Need Center in the Town of Ottawa Nov. 12 may be headed for a plea deal with prosecutors.
Matthew R. Kuhlemeyer, 18, of N2809 Road Z, and Dilan S. White, 18, of 592 N. Buth Road, appeared in court this morning. Kuhlemeyer’s attorney, Daniel Fay told Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge William Domina he is having continuing discussions with the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office regarding the case and White’s attorney, Paul Bucher, said he expected a resolution to the case.
The men, who are seniors at Kettle Moraine High School, are scheduled to appear in court June 11.
The men are each charged with burglary and criminal damage to property for stealing an owl named Dakota. The teens took the bird to an acquaintance’s house where it escaped. The owl was captured Dec. 7.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts