Waukesha – The Dousman teens accused of stealing an owl from the Wildlife in Need Center in the Town of Ottawa Nov. 12 may be headed for a plea deal with prosecutors.
Matthew R. Kuhlemeyer, 18, of N2809 Road Z, and Dilan S. White, 18, of 592 N. Buth Road, appeared in court this morning. Kuhlemeyer’s attorney, Daniel Fay told Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge William Domina he is having continuing discussions with the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office regarding the case and White’s attorney, Paul Bucher, said he expected a resolution to the case.
The men, who are seniors at Kettle Moraine High School, are scheduled to appear in court June 11.
The men are each charged with burglary and criminal damage to property for stealing an owl named Dakota. The teens took the bird to an acquaintance’s house where it escaped. The owl was captured Dec. 7.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts