Town of Lisbon - Town Board members indicated Monday night they are getting mixed reviews from town residents regarding a proposal announced two weeks ago to explore consolidating the town and Village of Sussex into a city.
A public information forum is scheduled for Wednesday, April 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Richard Jung Fire Station.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke and Supervisor Dan Fischer said there is confusion about the proposal.
"I am getting some positive responses, but people need more information," said Gehrke.
Supervisor Dan Heier said the neighbors in his subdivision, located in the northwest corner of the town, have said if there is a consolidation they would prefer it be with the Village of Merton.
,"The knee jerk reaction is no, but after you explain it, some people say it makes sense," is how Supervisor Joe Osterman explained the reaction he is getting.
Supervisor Ryan Lippert said no one has contacted him regarding the issue.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts