Town of Lisbon - Town Board members indicated Monday night they are getting mixed reviews from town residents regarding a proposal announced two weeks ago to explore consolidating the town and Village of Sussex into a city.
A public information forum is scheduled for Wednesday, April 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Richard Jung Fire Station.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke and Supervisor Dan Fischer said there is confusion about the proposal.
"I am getting some positive responses, but people need more information," said Gehrke.
Supervisor Dan Heier said the neighbors in his subdivision, located in the northwest corner of the town, have said if there is a consolidation they would prefer it be with the Village of Merton.
,"The knee jerk reaction is no, but after you explain it, some people say it makes sense," is how Supervisor Joe Osterman explained the reaction he is getting.
Supervisor Ryan Lippert said no one has contacted him regarding the issue.
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007