Town of Lisbon - Town Board members indicated Monday night they are getting mixed reviews from town residents regarding a proposal announced two weeks ago to explore consolidating the town and Village of Sussex into a city.
A public information forum is scheduled for Wednesday, April 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Richard Jung Fire Station.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke and Supervisor Dan Fischer said there is confusion about the proposal.
"I am getting some positive responses, but people need more information," said Gehrke.
Supervisor Dan Heier said the neighbors in his subdivision, located in the northwest corner of the town, have said if there is a consolidation they would prefer it be with the Village of Merton.
,"The knee jerk reaction is no, but after you explain it, some people say it makes sense," is how Supervisor Joe Osterman explained the reaction he is getting.
Supervisor Ryan Lippert said no one has contacted him regarding the issue.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts