Town of Lisbon - Town residents will be asked to add $100,000 to the 2012 highway repair budget during the annual town meeting Tuesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Town Administrator Jeff Musche said the proposed 25 percent increase in the $400,000 road repair budget approved in November is the result of unanticipated reserves in the town's general fund.
The town has a general fund surplus of about $1.7 million dollars, according to an annual audit. The reserve represents nearly 40 percent of the $4.1 million annual operating budget, Musche said.
Spending cuts and higher than expected revenues resulted in a $127,000 surplus at the end of 2011, according to Musche..
The remaining $27,000 in surplus is being used to purchase power lifted cots in two ambulances.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts