Town of Lisbon - Town residents will be asked to add $100,000 to the 2012 highway repair budget during the annual town meeting Tuesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Town Administrator Jeff Musche said the proposed 25 percent increase in the $400,000 road repair budget approved in November is the result of unanticipated reserves in the town's general fund.
The town has a general fund surplus of about $1.7 million dollars, according to an annual audit. The reserve represents nearly 40 percent of the $4.1 million annual operating budget, Musche said.
Spending cuts and higher than expected revenues resulted in a $127,000 surplus at the end of 2011, according to Musche..
The remaining $27,000 in surplus is being used to purchase power lifted cots in two ambulances.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts