Town of Lisbon - Town residents will be asked to add $100,000 to the 2012 highway repair budget during the annual town meeting Tuesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Town Administrator Jeff Musche said the proposed 25 percent increase in the $400,000 road repair budget approved in November is the result of unanticipated reserves in the town's general fund.
The town has a general fund surplus of about $1.7 million dollars, according to an annual audit. The reserve represents nearly 40 percent of the $4.1 million annual operating budget, Musche said.
Spending cuts and higher than expected revenues resulted in a $127,000 surplus at the end of 2011, according to Musche..
The remaining $27,000 in surplus is being used to purchase power lifted cots in two ambulances.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts