Town of Lisbon - Town residents will be asked to add $100,000 to the 2012 highway repair budget during the annual town meeting Tuesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Town Administrator Jeff Musche said the proposed 25 percent increase in the $400,000 road repair budget approved in November is the result of unanticipated reserves in the town's general fund.
The town has a general fund surplus of about $1.7 million dollars, according to an annual audit. The reserve represents nearly 40 percent of the $4.1 million annual operating budget, Musche said.
Spending cuts and higher than expected revenues resulted in a $127,000 surplus at the end of 2011, according to Musche..
The remaining $27,000 in surplus is being used to purchase power lifted cots in two ambulances.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts