Heidi Hamilton has resigned from her post as the varsity girls basketball coach at Arrowhead. AHS and Hamilton told the Lake Country Reporter about the resignation on Friday. Hamilton resigned Thursday morning.
Hamilton, 45, coached the Warhawks two different times. She first coached Arrowhead from 1994 through the 2001 season. She resigned in 2001 to raise a family.
Hamilton became the coach a second time in 2008, leading the Warhawks to a 20-3 record.
Her overall record at Arrowhead is 193-105, a winning mark of 64.7%.
The last two years the AHS season ended with sectional losses to the eventual state champions, Nicolet in 2011 and De Pere this year.
Flegner said a search for a new coach will begin immediately.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts