Village of Hartland – A suspicious device in the basement of a Hartridge duplex led to the Milwaukee County Bomb Squad being called Monday out but the device was found not be an explosive.
Deputy Chief Mike Bagin said a tenant was moving into the duplex and while doing some cleaning found the device, which had wires sticking out of it, above a heating duct.
Hartland police were called at 9:18 a.m. and took a picture of the device and sent it to the Bomb Squad, which said it would come out and examine the device. The Bomb Squad took an x-ray of it and found it not to be an explosive, Bagin said. The device, which measures 4-inches high, 4-inches, wide and about 6-inches long, consisted of four circular items and a tube in the middle. Police are unsure what the mechanical device was used for, Bagin said.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts