Village of Hartland – A suspicious device in the basement of a Hartridge duplex led to the Milwaukee County Bomb Squad being called Monday out but the device was found not be an explosive.
Deputy Chief Mike Bagin said a tenant was moving into the duplex and while doing some cleaning found the device, which had wires sticking out of it, above a heating duct.
Hartland police were called at 9:18 a.m. and took a picture of the device and sent it to the Bomb Squad, which said it would come out and examine the device. The Bomb Squad took an x-ray of it and found it not to be an explosive, Bagin said. The device, which measures 4-inches high, 4-inches, wide and about 6-inches long, consisted of four circular items and a tube in the middle. Police are unsure what the mechanical device was used for, Bagin said.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts