Village of Hartland – A suspicious device in the basement of a Hartridge duplex led to the Milwaukee County Bomb Squad being called Monday out but the device was found not be an explosive.
Deputy Chief Mike Bagin said a tenant was moving into the duplex and while doing some cleaning found the device, which had wires sticking out of it, above a heating duct.
Hartland police were called at 9:18 a.m. and took a picture of the device and sent it to the Bomb Squad, which said it would come out and examine the device. The Bomb Squad took an x-ray of it and found it not to be an explosive, Bagin said. The device, which measures 4-inches high, 4-inches, wide and about 6-inches long, consisted of four circular items and a tube in the middle. Police are unsure what the mechanical device was used for, Bagin said.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts