Village of Hartland – A suspicious device in the basement of a Hartridge duplex led to the Milwaukee County Bomb Squad being called Monday out but the device was found not be an explosive.
Deputy Chief Mike Bagin said a tenant was moving into the duplex and while doing some cleaning found the device, which had wires sticking out of it, above a heating duct.
Hartland police were called at 9:18 a.m. and took a picture of the device and sent it to the Bomb Squad, which said it would come out and examine the device. The Bomb Squad took an x-ray of it and found it not to be an explosive, Bagin said. The device, which measures 4-inches high, 4-inches, wide and about 6-inches long, consisted of four circular items and a tube in the middle. Police are unsure what the mechanical device was used for, Bagin said.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts