The Oconomowoc Raccoons baseball team got a three-run homer from Matt Klink and a complete game from pitcher Tyler Christensen on Monday at Roosevelt Field.
Oconomowoc knocked off Sun Prairie, the No. 1 ranked team in Division 1 in the recent poll posted by the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association. The final score was 5-4.
Sun Prairie got a solo home run from Tony Butler to lead off the top of the seventh, and Zach Fairchild reached on an infield error, but Christensen got Ryan Curran to ground into a 6-3 double play involving Raccoons' shortstop Jack Zoeller and first baseman Corey Lamp. Christensen retired the next batter on a ground ball to third baseman Peyton Williams to end matters.
"These kids work extremely hard and I'm extremely proud of them," OHS head baseball coach Arno Kirchenwitz said. "That double play in the last inning was big."
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts