The Oconomowoc Raccoons baseball team got a three-run homer from Matt Klink and a complete game from pitcher Tyler Christensen on Monday at Roosevelt Field.
Oconomowoc knocked off Sun Prairie, the No. 1 ranked team in Division 1 in the recent poll posted by the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association. The final score was 5-4.
Sun Prairie got a solo home run from Tony Butler to lead off the top of the seventh, and Zach Fairchild reached on an infield error, but Christensen got Ryan Curran to ground into a 6-3 double play involving Raccoons' shortstop Jack Zoeller and first baseman Corey Lamp. Christensen retired the next batter on a ground ball to third baseman Peyton Williams to end matters.
"These kids work extremely hard and I'm extremely proud of them," OHS head baseball coach Arno Kirchenwitz said. "That double play in the last inning was big."
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts