The Oconomowoc Raccoons baseball team got a three-run homer from Matt Klink and a complete game from pitcher Tyler Christensen on Monday at Roosevelt Field.
Oconomowoc knocked off Sun Prairie, the No. 1 ranked team in Division 1 in the recent poll posted by the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association. The final score was 5-4.
Sun Prairie got a solo home run from Tony Butler to lead off the top of the seventh, and Zach Fairchild reached on an infield error, but Christensen got Ryan Curran to ground into a 6-3 double play involving Raccoons' shortstop Jack Zoeller and first baseman Corey Lamp. Christensen retired the next batter on a ground ball to third baseman Peyton Williams to end matters.
"These kids work extremely hard and I'm extremely proud of them," OHS head baseball coach Arno Kirchenwitz said. "That double play in the last inning was big."
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts