The Oconomowoc Raccoons baseball team got a three-run homer from Matt Klink and a complete game from pitcher Tyler Christensen on Monday at Roosevelt Field.
Oconomowoc knocked off Sun Prairie, the No. 1 ranked team in Division 1 in the recent poll posted by the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association. The final score was 5-4.
Sun Prairie got a solo home run from Tony Butler to lead off the top of the seventh, and Zach Fairchild reached on an infield error, but Christensen got Ryan Curran to ground into a 6-3 double play involving Raccoons' shortstop Jack Zoeller and first baseman Corey Lamp. Christensen retired the next batter on a ground ball to third baseman Peyton Williams to end matters.
"These kids work extremely hard and I'm extremely proud of them," OHS head baseball coach Arno Kirchenwitz said. "That double play in the last inning was big."
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts