The Oconomowoc Raccoons baseball team got a three-run homer from Matt Klink and a complete game from pitcher Tyler Christensen on Monday at Roosevelt Field.
Oconomowoc knocked off Sun Prairie, the No. 1 ranked team in Division 1 in the recent poll posted by the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association. The final score was 5-4.
Sun Prairie got a solo home run from Tony Butler to lead off the top of the seventh, and Zach Fairchild reached on an infield error, but Christensen got Ryan Curran to ground into a 6-3 double play involving Raccoons' shortstop Jack Zoeller and first baseman Corey Lamp. Christensen retired the next batter on a ground ball to third baseman Peyton Williams to end matters.
"These kids work extremely hard and I'm extremely proud of them," OHS head baseball coach Arno Kirchenwitz said. "That double play in the last inning was big."
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts