Town of Lisbon - Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher announced her retirement tonight after serving the Town for 14 years.
Plotecher, 63, told the Town Board her retirement would be effective May 4. She and her husband Gary have two adult children.
Plotecher said she was appointed to the position in 1998 to fill the unexpired term of former Treasurer Mary Lueck who resigned after being elected to the post.
Plotecher was elected to her first two year term in 2000 and then selected by the Town Board in 2004 when the treasurer became an appointed position.
Plotcher's announcement appeared to have caught some town officials by surprise. Town Chairman Matt Geherke said Plotcher had indicated she planned to resign sometime in May but had not provided him with an exact date until tonight's Town Board meeting.
Gehrke said town officials have already began the process of finding a replacement for her.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts