Town of Lisbon - Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher announced her retirement tonight after serving the Town for 14 years.
Plotecher, 63, told the Town Board her retirement would be effective May 4. She and her husband Gary have two adult children.
Plotecher said she was appointed to the position in 1998 to fill the unexpired term of former Treasurer Mary Lueck who resigned after being elected to the post.
Plotecher was elected to her first two year term in 2000 and then selected by the Town Board in 2004 when the treasurer became an appointed position.
Plotcher's announcement appeared to have caught some town officials by surprise. Town Chairman Matt Geherke said Plotcher had indicated she planned to resign sometime in May but had not provided him with an exact date until tonight's Town Board meeting.
Gehrke said town officials have already began the process of finding a replacement for her.
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007