Town of Lisbon - Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher announced her retirement tonight after serving the Town for 14 years.
Plotecher, 63, told the Town Board her retirement would be effective May 4. She and her husband Gary have two adult children.
Plotecher said she was appointed to the position in 1998 to fill the unexpired term of former Treasurer Mary Lueck who resigned after being elected to the post.
Plotecher was elected to her first two year term in 2000 and then selected by the Town Board in 2004 when the treasurer became an appointed position.
Plotcher's announcement appeared to have caught some town officials by surprise. Town Chairman Matt Geherke said Plotcher had indicated she planned to resign sometime in May but had not provided him with an exact date until tonight's Town Board meeting.
Gehrke said town officials have already began the process of finding a replacement for her.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts