Town of Lisbon - Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher announced her retirement tonight after serving the Town for 14 years.
Plotecher, 63, told the Town Board her retirement would be effective May 4. She and her husband Gary have two adult children.
Plotecher said she was appointed to the position in 1998 to fill the unexpired term of former Treasurer Mary Lueck who resigned after being elected to the post.
Plotecher was elected to her first two year term in 2000 and then selected by the Town Board in 2004 when the treasurer became an appointed position.
Plotcher's announcement appeared to have caught some town officials by surprise. Town Chairman Matt Geherke said Plotcher had indicated she planned to resign sometime in May but had not provided him with an exact date until tonight's Town Board meeting.
Gehrke said town officials have already began the process of finding a replacement for her.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007