Dousman -- It took elected representatives of three communities less than 30 minutes tonight to unanimously approved a tenative agreement consolidating the Dousman and Summit Fire Districts..
The proposal outlines how the villages of Summit and Dousman and the Town of Ottawa will share in the operating expenses of the newly consolidated fire district. Final approval of the consolidation is expected on May 16.
Each community will pay a share of the operating cost based on the community's population, number of emegency calls, and assessed valuation of commercial and residential structures.
The elected officials agreed to postpone until later this year a decision on whether the newly consolidated Dousman district will purchase fire equipment from the Summit Fire District which will be dissolved at the end of this year.
It was representatives of the Summit Fire District, which serves the northern half of the Village of Summit and the Village of Oconomowoc Lake, who prompted the consolidation discussions with the Dousman district which serves the Village of Dousman, most of the Town of Ottawa, and the southern half of the Village of Summit.
The new Dousman district will serve all of the Village of Summit, the Village of Dousman and most of the Town of Ottawa. The Village of Oconomowoc Lake will contract for fire and emergency medical services from the Okauchee Fire Department and Lake Country Fire and Rescue.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts