Dousman -- It took elected representatives of three communities less than 30 minutes tonight to unanimously approved a tenative agreement consolidating the Dousman and Summit Fire Districts..
The proposal outlines how the villages of Summit and Dousman and the Town of Ottawa will share in the operating expenses of the newly consolidated fire district. Final approval of the consolidation is expected on May 16.
Each community will pay a share of the operating cost based on the community's population, number of emegency calls, and assessed valuation of commercial and residential structures.
The elected officials agreed to postpone until later this year a decision on whether the newly consolidated Dousman district will purchase fire equipment from the Summit Fire District which will be dissolved at the end of this year.
It was representatives of the Summit Fire District, which serves the northern half of the Village of Summit and the Village of Oconomowoc Lake, who prompted the consolidation discussions with the Dousman district which serves the Village of Dousman, most of the Town of Ottawa, and the southern half of the Village of Summit.
The new Dousman district will serve all of the Village of Summit, the Village of Dousman and most of the Town of Ottawa. The Village of Oconomowoc Lake will contract for fire and emergency medical services from the Okauchee Fire Department and Lake Country Fire and Rescue.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts