Kettle Moraine School District is looking at about $850,000 in reductions to balance the 2012-13 budget. The district accomplished this through realigning resources, insurance plan design changes along with bidding out insurance coverage, according to Chief Business Officer Susan Graham who presented the draft interim budget to the board tonight.
Graham pointed out that continuing the district's conservative budgeting while maintaining high expectations for the quality education Kettle Moraine is known for is creating tension and becoming harder in the current climate.
The budget will come back to the School Board on May 8 for approval before being presented at the annual meeting on June 19.
Read more about the KMSD budget in next week's Kettle Moraine Index.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts