With gas prices once again speeding upwards, discussions of becoming less oil dependant start to bubble out of the well of ideas.
One such idea that keeps coming back is that of the electric car. Is it a viable solution for the future?
This Friday, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., questions about the vehicles will most likely be answered at a special event hosted by Greener Oconomowoc.
The Earth Day Movie Night, in the Oconomowoc Arts Center Little Theater, features the award-winning documentary “Who Killed the Electric Car? The movie is about electric cars, hybrids, hydrogen and the future of transportation.
If you’re curious about electric cars, you’ll get a chance check out the car show starring the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt to see if you’d like to be part of the “green” revolution.
The car show is at 6:30 p.m. with the movie starting at 7 p.m. Following the movie, Ben Nelson of In House Media and Dave Hansen of Lake Country Energy will lead a panel discussion.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts