With gas prices once again speeding upwards, discussions of becoming less oil dependant start to bubble out of the well of ideas.
One such idea that keeps coming back is that of the electric car. Is it a viable solution for the future?
This Friday, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., questions about the vehicles will most likely be answered at a special event hosted by Greener Oconomowoc.
The Earth Day Movie Night, in the Oconomowoc Arts Center Little Theater, features the award-winning documentary “Who Killed the Electric Car? The movie is about electric cars, hybrids, hydrogen and the future of transportation.
If you’re curious about electric cars, you’ll get a chance check out the car show starring the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt to see if you’d like to be part of the “green” revolution.
The car show is at 6:30 p.m. with the movie starting at 7 p.m. Following the movie, Ben Nelson of In House Media and Dave Hansen of Lake Country Energy will lead a panel discussion.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007