With gas prices once again speeding upwards, discussions of becoming less oil dependant start to bubble out of the well of ideas.
One such idea that keeps coming back is that of the electric car. Is it a viable solution for the future?
This Friday, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., questions about the vehicles will most likely be answered at a special event hosted by Greener Oconomowoc.
The Earth Day Movie Night, in the Oconomowoc Arts Center Little Theater, features the award-winning documentary “Who Killed the Electric Car? The movie is about electric cars, hybrids, hydrogen and the future of transportation.
If you’re curious about electric cars, you’ll get a chance check out the car show starring the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt to see if you’d like to be part of the “green” revolution.
The car show is at 6:30 p.m. with the movie starting at 7 p.m. Following the movie, Ben Nelson of In House Media and Dave Hansen of Lake Country Energy will lead a panel discussion.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts