A nearly full house sat inside of the Mukwonago Fire Station in the Town of Mukwonago for a public hearing on a potential utility district this evening in the Town of Mukwonago. So far, most residents are expressing opposition to a utility district that would encompass the entire subdivision which the board is considering to cover overages and long term maintenance of a project that would help alleviate flooding in the Country Bliss subdivision.
Many people are against the strictly subdivision wide district because they feel that those affected by the flooding-those homes in the low-lying areas-should be responsible for the costs.
“Our property our home does not need flood protection to prevent future flooding,” one Country Bliss resident stated.
Other residents who were opposed to the strictly subdivision wide utility district encouraged the board to consider a town wide district to spread the cost over more people, thus lessening the impact on each household.
Look for a full update in an upcoming Mukwonago Chief.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts