Rick Witte, the top varsity assistant under former coach Heidi Hamilton for the last three seasons at Arrowhead, hasbeen named the new AHS head girls basketball coach. Athletic director Kevin Flegner made the announcement Wednesday.
Witte, 28, the Dean of Students and a math teacher at Arrowhead, will take over his head coaching duties immediately. He met with his team Wednesday afternoon to tell them of the school's decision.
Hamilton resigned as the head coach three weeks ago to spend more time with her family.
Witte is the fifth person to coach the varsity girls team at Arrowhead and sixth head coach overall. Hamilton coached the Warhawks two different times. Other AHS coaches have been Jean Neuser, Pete von Allmen and Ron Reichle.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts