Rick Witte, the top varsity assistant under former coach Heidi Hamilton for the last three seasons at Arrowhead, hasbeen named the new AHS head girls basketball coach. Athletic director Kevin Flegner made the announcement Wednesday.
Witte, 28, the Dean of Students and a math teacher at Arrowhead, will take over his head coaching duties immediately. He met with his team Wednesday afternoon to tell them of the school's decision.
Hamilton resigned as the head coach three weeks ago to spend more time with her family.
Witte is the fifth person to coach the varsity girls team at Arrowhead and sixth head coach overall. Hamilton coached the Warhawks two different times. Other AHS coaches have been Jean Neuser, Pete von Allmen and Ron Reichle.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts