Rick Witte, the top varsity assistant under former coach Heidi Hamilton for the last three seasons at Arrowhead, hasbeen named the new AHS head girls basketball coach. Athletic director Kevin Flegner made the announcement Wednesday.
Witte, 28, the Dean of Students and a math teacher at Arrowhead, will take over his head coaching duties immediately. He met with his team Wednesday afternoon to tell them of the school's decision.
Hamilton resigned as the head coach three weeks ago to spend more time with her family.
Witte is the fifth person to coach the varsity girls team at Arrowhead and sixth head coach overall. Hamilton coached the Warhawks two different times. Other AHS coaches have been Jean Neuser, Pete von Allmen and Ron Reichle.
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts