Rick Witte, the top varsity assistant under former coach Heidi Hamilton for the last three seasons at Arrowhead, hasbeen named the new AHS head girls basketball coach. Athletic director Kevin Flegner made the announcement Wednesday.
Witte, 28, the Dean of Students and a math teacher at Arrowhead, will take over his head coaching duties immediately. He met with his team Wednesday afternoon to tell them of the school's decision.
Hamilton resigned as the head coach three weeks ago to spend more time with her family.
Witte is the fifth person to coach the varsity girls team at Arrowhead and sixth head coach overall. Hamilton coached the Warhawks two different times. Other AHS coaches have been Jean Neuser, Pete von Allmen and Ron Reichle.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts