Rick Witte, the top varsity assistant under former coach Heidi Hamilton for the last three seasons at Arrowhead, hasbeen named the new AHS head girls basketball coach. Athletic director Kevin Flegner made the announcement Wednesday.
Witte, 28, the Dean of Students and a math teacher at Arrowhead, will take over his head coaching duties immediately. He met with his team Wednesday afternoon to tell them of the school's decision.
Hamilton resigned as the head coach three weeks ago to spend more time with her family.
Witte is the fifth person to coach the varsity girls team at Arrowhead and sixth head coach overall. Hamilton coached the Warhawks two different times. Other AHS coaches have been Jean Neuser, Pete von Allmen and Ron Reichle.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts