City of Delafield - On the eve of the gubenatorial recall primary election, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation wants a recount. However, state highway officials are interested in recounting cars, not votes.
City officials said tonight they have received a letter from Wisconsin DOT saying it will be counting the number of vehicles using the Hwys 83 and 16 interchange. The traffic counts are intended to address "general skepticism" expressed by municipal officials of Delafield and other surrounding communities regarding DOT's project traffic growth at the interchange.
State highway officials have said that based on the traffic growth projections they are proposing a $8 million expansion of the interchange including additional lanes and bridges. However, City of Delafield officials have questioned the need for the project because it violates the city's comprehensive land use plan and Hwy. 83 north of the interchange is likely to remain a two lane road.
Delafield officials have asked DOT representatives to appear before the Common Council and explain why they feel the project is necessary.
Micheal R.Treazise, project manager, said in the April 30 letter that the department would reevaluate its conclusions about the project after the traffic counts are completed. He said the department would meet with Lake Country municipal officials later this summer to discuss the DOT's evaluation of the traffic counts.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts