“May” just sounds like spring with its new life and new hope. It’s the month we celebrate Mother’s Day and graduations. It’s the month we can be most certain of the end of the snowy season and the beginning of blooms and a new crop of birds.
May is also the month we plant flowers. Avid gardeners simply can’t wait to start playing in the dirt and are always on the lookout for new plants and supplies.
This Saturday, why not celebrate all that is wonderful about spring at Pewaukee Garden Day. Downtown Pewaukee promises to be filled with the signs of spring from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
At the old Sentry lot on Oakton Avenue there will be a hanging basket sale.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., behind the Old Main Street Building, you’ll find a variety of native plants for sale.
And if you have an abundance of perennials looking for new homes, bring them to the perennial exchange at the Pewaukee Library from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Throughout downtown you’ll find garden art for sale, children’s craft projects plus gardening demonstrations and sales at downtown merchants.
For more information about Pewaukee Garden Day, visit www.positivelypewaukee.com or call (262) 695-9735.
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts