“May” just sounds like spring with its new life and new hope. It’s the month we celebrate Mother’s Day and graduations. It’s the month we can be most certain of the end of the snowy season and the beginning of blooms and a new crop of birds.
May is also the month we plant flowers. Avid gardeners simply can’t wait to start playing in the dirt and are always on the lookout for new plants and supplies.
This Saturday, why not celebrate all that is wonderful about spring at Pewaukee Garden Day. Downtown Pewaukee promises to be filled with the signs of spring from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
At the old Sentry lot on Oakton Avenue there will be a hanging basket sale.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., behind the Old Main Street Building, you’ll find a variety of native plants for sale.
And if you have an abundance of perennials looking for new homes, bring them to the perennial exchange at the Pewaukee Library from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Throughout downtown you’ll find garden art for sale, children’s craft projects plus gardening demonstrations and sales at downtown merchants.
For more information about Pewaukee Garden Day, visit www.positivelypewaukee.com or call (262) 695-9735.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts