“May” just sounds like spring with its new life and new hope. It’s the month we celebrate Mother’s Day and graduations. It’s the month we can be most certain of the end of the snowy season and the beginning of blooms and a new crop of birds.
May is also the month we plant flowers. Avid gardeners simply can’t wait to start playing in the dirt and are always on the lookout for new plants and supplies.
This Saturday, why not celebrate all that is wonderful about spring at Pewaukee Garden Day. Downtown Pewaukee promises to be filled with the signs of spring from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
At the old Sentry lot on Oakton Avenue there will be a hanging basket sale.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., behind the Old Main Street Building, you’ll find a variety of native plants for sale.
And if you have an abundance of perennials looking for new homes, bring them to the perennial exchange at the Pewaukee Library from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Throughout downtown you’ll find garden art for sale, children’s craft projects plus gardening demonstrations and sales at downtown merchants.
For more information about Pewaukee Garden Day, visit www.positivelypewaukee.com or call (262) 695-9735.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts