Host Arrowhead's varsity girls fastpitch softball team whipped Waukesha West in a Classic 8 Conference game Monday, 15-3. The game was called after five innings due to the 10-run rule.
AHS belted out a season-high 17 hits, getting three from Morgan Jacobs.
First baseman Morgan Graff had her best game of the season, going 2-for-4 with four RBIs. Becky Walker had two hits and three runs batted in. Amanda Bauer, Abby Kolbow, Kelsey Wasilczuk and Carly Brengosz added two hits each for the winners.
Rebecca Dailey was the winning pitcher, allowing four hits.
AHS improved to 10-2 in league play, one game ahead of Mukwonago and Waukesha North. AHS will finish the league season with a game at Mukwonago on Thursday and a game at Kettle Moraine on Friday.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts