Host Arrowhead's varsity girls fastpitch softball team whipped Waukesha West in a Classic 8 Conference game Monday, 15-3. The game was called after five innings due to the 10-run rule.
AHS belted out a season-high 17 hits, getting three from Morgan Jacobs.
First baseman Morgan Graff had her best game of the season, going 2-for-4 with four RBIs. Becky Walker had two hits and three runs batted in. Amanda Bauer, Abby Kolbow, Kelsey Wasilczuk and Carly Brengosz added two hits each for the winners.
Rebecca Dailey was the winning pitcher, allowing four hits.
AHS improved to 10-2 in league play, one game ahead of Mukwonago and Waukesha North. AHS will finish the league season with a game at Mukwonago on Thursday and a game at Kettle Moraine on Friday.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts