Pewaukee senior Corey Sweeney fired a career-best 6-under-par 66 Tuesday afternoon at the Broadlands Golf Club in North Prairie to help lead his team to a second-place finish at the WIAA Division 2 regional. The top four teams earn sectional berths.
Sweeney shot 32 on the front and 34 on the back. The 32 tied his career-best nine hole score. Three weeks ago he shot 32 at Naga-Waukee.
Catholic Memorial won the team regional with 294. Other qualifying teams were Pewaukee at 306, East Troy 343 and Whitewater 346.
Other Pewaukee scores were Nick Clement with 73, Cal Condon 80, James Magliocco 87 and Justin Leeds 91.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts