Pewaukee senior Corey Sweeney fired a career-best 6-under-par 66 Tuesday afternoon at the Broadlands Golf Club in North Prairie to help lead his team to a second-place finish at the WIAA Division 2 regional. The top four teams earn sectional berths.
Sweeney shot 32 on the front and 34 on the back. The 32 tied his career-best nine hole score. Three weeks ago he shot 32 at Naga-Waukee.
Catholic Memorial won the team regional with 294. Other qualifying teams were Pewaukee at 306, East Troy 343 and Whitewater 346.
Other Pewaukee scores were Nick Clement with 73, Cal Condon 80, James Magliocco 87 and Justin Leeds 91.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts