Longtime Pewaukee varsity boys basketball coach Tim Reuter has resigned from that post immediately. Varsity assistant Mike Basile will become the new boys coach for the Pirates.
Pewaukee athletic director John Maltsch made the shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon.
Reuter coached the varsity team for the last 30 years. In the last 15 years, he's led the Pirates to an impressive record of 247-98 and has won four conference titles the last five years.
"I thought it about a little at the end of last season and I just think the time is right," Reuter, 59, said Tuesday afternoon. "The support that the administration, the parents, the kids, the fans and the players have given me has been special. I've had a incredinle run at Pewaukee. And I'm still going to be a big fan."
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts