Longtime Pewaukee varsity boys basketball coach Tim Reuter has resigned from that post immediately. Varsity assistant Mike Basile will become the new boys coach for the Pirates.
Pewaukee athletic director John Maltsch made the shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon.
Reuter coached the varsity team for the last 30 years. In the last 15 years, he's led the Pirates to an impressive record of 247-98 and has won four conference titles the last five years.
"I thought it about a little at the end of last season and I just think the time is right," Reuter, 59, said Tuesday afternoon. "The support that the administration, the parents, the kids, the fans and the players have given me has been special. I've had a incredinle run at Pewaukee. And I'm still going to be a big fan."
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts