Longtime Pewaukee varsity boys basketball coach Tim Reuter has resigned from that post immediately. Varsity assistant Mike Basile will become the new boys coach for the Pirates.
Pewaukee athletic director John Maltsch made the shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon.
Reuter coached the varsity team for the last 30 years. In the last 15 years, he's led the Pirates to an impressive record of 247-98 and has won four conference titles the last five years.
"I thought it about a little at the end of last season and I just think the time is right," Reuter, 59, said Tuesday afternoon. "The support that the administration, the parents, the kids, the fans and the players have given me has been special. I've had a incredinle run at Pewaukee. And I'm still going to be a big fan."
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts