Longtime Pewaukee varsity boys basketball coach Tim Reuter has resigned from that post immediately. Varsity assistant Mike Basile will become the new boys coach for the Pirates.
Pewaukee athletic director John Maltsch made the shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon.
Reuter coached the varsity team for the last 30 years. In the last 15 years, he's led the Pirates to an impressive record of 247-98 and has won four conference titles the last five years.
"I thought it about a little at the end of last season and I just think the time is right," Reuter, 59, said Tuesday afternoon. "The support that the administration, the parents, the kids, the fans and the players have given me has been special. I've had a incredinle run at Pewaukee. And I'm still going to be a big fan."
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts