Longtime Pewaukee varsity boys basketball coach Tim Reuter has resigned from that post immediately. Varsity assistant Mike Basile will become the new boys coach for the Pirates.
Pewaukee athletic director John Maltsch made the shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon.
Reuter coached the varsity team for the last 30 years. In the last 15 years, he's led the Pirates to an impressive record of 247-98 and has won four conference titles the last five years.
"I thought it about a little at the end of last season and I just think the time is right," Reuter, 59, said Tuesday afternoon. "The support that the administration, the parents, the kids, the fans and the players have given me has been special. I've had a incredinle run at Pewaukee. And I'm still going to be a big fan."
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts