By a vote of 4-2, the Oconomowoc Area School Board of Education approved the adoption of the 2012- 2013 OASD Budget and staffing plan. The document has come under fire recently for the inclusion of the controverisal 'transformation' plan for Oconomowoc High School.
That plan calls for teachers to increase their workload from three to four 90-minute block periods and increases their pay $14,000 annually and cuts 15 teaching positions. The move saves the district approximately $500,000 per year at a time when state aid to school districts continues to shrink.
Board members Elizabeth Thelen and Lisa Arenas voted against the budget adoption. Thelen said she approved the transformation plan but thinks the district can ask for more changes to offset the worst case scenario of a 4.72 percent increase in the tax levy.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts